Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3 Days to China

Wow!  I can't believe after all this waiting that the time has finally come.  My suitcase is packed (AND zipped), Don's suitcase is empty (but he did get it out and open it today), Yu Ping's suitcase has been packed for a month (95% pink stuff), my house is mostly clean, my pantry mostly stocked, and my cold mostly gone.  I'm not feeling nervous ~ in fact I feel strangely calm.  I promised myself that if I started to worry about me, that I would instead focus on HER.  Can you imagine how her life is about to change?  Her home, her friends, her nannies, her world as she knows it is about to be taken from her.  So many people tell me that she is a lucky girl.  I don't think she is going to feel that way for awhile.  There is little doubt in my mind that this is going to be a difficult process. 
 
I hope she likes us.  I hope she trusts that we will take good care of her.  I hope she has been loved and well cared for.  I hope that she is ready to finally have a family of her own.  We are on our way to you sweet girl!  Wo ai ni!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being packed! If you're like me, you'll still go through that suitcase before leaving just to make sure that you do have everything you thought you put inside it. I feel the same way about the trauma to our adopted kids. This is not exciting for them. But they do have great survival skills (isn't that a sad statement all by itself?)

    Can't wait to see how it goes,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you're ready to go. I was still packing the morning we left. It is hard to take these children away from all they've ever known, but it will be wonderful for Yu Ping to have a family who will love her and take care of her.

    Best wishes for a wonderful trip!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bags sound like mine and Tim's. He always waits until the last minute to pack, and I always pack WAY ahead of time. :) I will be thinking about you guys for the whole two weeks! Can't wait to see you when you get back and meet Yu Ping!

    ReplyDelete