Thursday, February 17, 2011

2 Days to China

My coworkers were so sweet to do my work for me today and send me home early.  So, I'm home in a quiet, empty house with very little left to do for the trip.  It is snowing outside and being home alone is very rare for me!  What a treat!  Time to just feel happy and anticipate becoming a mother again!  AGAIN!  AT 43!  4 KIDS!  How great is that?  :)

For those of you who haven't met my kids, let me introduce them!

Daniel is 13 and a "mini me" in terms of personality.  Very easy going, a perfectionist, rule follower, talented distance runner, fisherman, lego lover, brainiac, black diamond skiier, Boy Scout.  My first born who has never given me a single days worth of stress.  I suppose, now that he is a teenager, those days are numbered.  :) (You can get a learners permit to drive at 14 in Idaho!!)

Kellen is almost 12 (Happy Birthday from China next week!). Tenderhearted animal lover, energetic, determined, athletic, skateboarder, snowboarder, BMX rider, musician, dragon artist, expert texter, with a unique sense of style!  Keeping up with Kellen requires lots of energy and its never a dull moment!

Evan is 9 and my most affectionate boy.  He loves to give hugs and kisses and knows how to charm with compliments!  He is a pleaser who is very responsible, friendly, outgoing, independent, into Star Wars, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and Captain Underpants.  His nose is in a book up to 3 hours a day.  (Hmm ~ wonder who he got that from?)  Evan has been the youngest in the house for 9 years and he is eager to pass that positon onto his new sister!

Yu Ping is 7.  She was anonymously relinquished in a public place in China at the estimated age of 15 months and has been living in an orphanage ever since. She was born with cleft lip and palate and her lip was repaired when she was a toddler.  We first saw her picture on an adoption website one year ago, and have been working hard to bring her home since then.  We have not met her yet and she has only known about us for a month. She is described as being smart, outgoing, independent, feisty, and she likes to sing and dance.

My kids! Am I a lucky mom or what?

1 comment:

  1. How nice that you got a day off work to relax before the big trip! Sounds like you have great coworkers. I loved reading about all your kids. I bet they're going to be great big brothers for Yu Ping. I'll be thinking about you guys and checking your blog while you're gone. I can't wait to hear about the trip and especially about Yu Ping!!

    ReplyDelete