Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Little Lady




Today Wu Yi and I had some serious mother/daughter time.  She was checking out my closet while I was in the shower, and when I came out, I saw she had lined up all of my high heels and was beaming at them and saying "beautiful".  She wanted me to try them all on for her, and the taller they made me, the more she liked them.  We moved on to my dresses and she especially loved my wedding dress.  She didn't want to try them on herself but she loved admiring me. I asked her if she wanted to try on jewelry or paint her nails but she was very dismissive of these ideas.  She has steadily refused to put anything in her hair, wear a dress, or do anything else that may call undue attention to herself.  I hope she overcomes this, as she absolutely loves to admire her beloved princesses and their crowns, dresses, and shoes.

We later went to a clothing store, as I had to look for something pink to wear to a party for a good friend who is battling breast cancer (love you Laura!).  Wu Yi knew what my mission was and she confidently scoured the store, pulling pink items off the rack and holding them up to me.  She would either nod her approval or wrinkle her nose in disapproval.  I didn't find anything good for me, but we moved on to the little girls section and she quickly found a pink dress for herself.  This would be the second frillly pink dress she has picked out ~ unfortunately, the first one still sits untouched in the closet.  I told her I would only buy her dress #2 if she promised to wear it to school.  She thought about it for awhile and then told me she would keep her end of the deal.  She picked out a "Cinderella" tiara as well, and actually modeled it for Evan. (She is quite proud of this treasure!).

This afternoon, she posed with Evan and me for some pictures!  This is the first time, in three months, that she hasn't been irritated by the camera.  Word for the day : "Beautiful".

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Such a sweet story. I bet she looks beautiful in her new dress and tiara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I love the pictures! That smile is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures!! What a nice smile. Be sure to post pix of her in her dress and tiara. We still have Clare's Cinderella from about this age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific. Who knew that baby steps were pink?

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete